Gartner says: “World will need 300,000 IOT developers by year 2017. Anything we buy that costs over $100 will be IoT enabled by 2018”
In this advanced course we focus on:
- Gives Software, electronics and industrial professionals, entrepreneurs and students a head start to ride the BIGGEST wave hitting the industry soon
- Provides End to End knowledge on Internet of Things Ecosphere. Including technologies, business verticals, regulations, IoT platforms, Alliances, Consortiums and business opportunities
- Deep understanding of latest IoT technologies and standards – Arduino, Sensors, Bluetooth Low Energy, Wireless Communication, Cloud, Big Data, Analytics, REST services, and much more
- Gives entrepreneurs opportunity to get started with building their own IoT Device and Solutions
- What is IoT – In-depth explanation
- IoT Applications in different domain
- How large is the IoT Market in different domains?
Module 2 IoT Architect
- Tech Stack.
Module 3 Sensors
- What is Sensor & Actuator?
- What is good sensor?
- Sensor properties.
- Types of sensors
- Sensor Demo.
Module 4 End to End Cold Chain Demo
- H/w pieces
- Platform configuration – BCC – Client, Device, Rule, Alarm, Device Data, Event
- Sensor data being sent to Osmosis platform
- Actuation through BLE
- Visualization through real time dashboard
- How the problem gets solved through big data and visualization
Module 5 Communication
- Introduction to communication architecture- Network protocol stack
- Different protocols
- RF: ZigBee, Blue Tooth, BLE, Zwave, Mesh network.
- Communication Channels: GSM/GPRS, 2G, 3G, LTE, WiFi, PLC
- IoT protocols: MQTT/MQTTS, CoAP, 6LoWPAN, like TCP, UDP, HTTP/s.
- Comparison of the different IOT protocols, advantages and disadvantages ( limitations) of these IOT protocols.
- IPv4 addressing problem for IOT and introduction to IPv6 IPv6 is required to address more devices.
- Application issues with RF protocol – power consumption, LOS, reliability
- Security aspects.
Module 6 Cloud Computing
- What is cloud?
- What is cloud computing?
- Benefits of cloud.
- History of cloud computing.
- Deployment Models.
- Top cloud providers.
- Service Models
- Service Catalogue
- Different Services from Amazon
- Advantages for different offerings
- Our learning in selecting the right service provider
- What are Web Services.
- Why Web Services.
- Types of Web Services.
- RESTful web services.
- Design Principles.
- Cloud data storage
- Introduction to BigData
- BigData Definition and Characteristics
- Who is Generating BigData
- BigData Analytics
- Why BigData Analytics
- Applications of BigData Analytics
- Different Data Stores
- BigData Technologies – CouchDB, MongoDB, Node4J, Hadoop Ecosystem, Spark, Cassandra.
- Demo – Visual analytics.
- What is Visual Analytics?
- Visual Analytic Tools for Big Data.
- Predictive Analytics.
- Predictive tools for Big Data.
Module 8 IOT World
- Latest updates in the IOT industry.
- Available IOT alliances details and the standards that are getting evolved
- IOT applications and solutions available in market
- The Multiple IOT platform ( hardware) example ARM Mbed, Intel, Free scale etc., comparison and usage
- Multiple IOT software and cloud platform, Components of a Platform, Usage, comparison. IOT eco systems build around these platforms. OSMOSIS platform and our experience about IOT platform building
- Details about your OSMOSIS IOT platform
Module 9 IOT Security
- How secure is IoT?
- Key aspects for Securing IoT solutions
Module 10 IoT Opportunities
- Opportunities based on different expertise areas.
How to make most of these opportunities.