You will learn about R’s data structures and syntaxes, how to read and write data from a local file to a cloud-hosted database, working with data, getting summaries, and transforming them to fit your needs. You will also learn about linear models and how to perform predictive analytics using R, and how to create visualizations using the popular ggplot2 package.
Each module comprises of several lessons, exercises, quizzes, and labs. The lessons are divided into short videos, with exercises in between to reinforce your understanding. The exercises are designed like tutorials, to show how you can use R in solving simple mathematical problems, simulating random events, to performing regression and classifications. The exercises are ungraded, and for each of them, we provide accompanying review video. Quizzes at the end of each module will test your knowledge and labs will ensure that you not only understand the materials, but also know how to apply them in different scenarios. We suggest you plan to take at least four hours per week over the course of six weeks to complete the course. But of course, you are welcome to complete the course as your schedule allows.
Upon course completion, you will learn:
- R language fundamentals: basic syntax, variables, and types
- How to create functions and use control flow
- How to read and write data in R
- Work with and manipulate data in R
- Create and customize visualizations using ggplot2
- Build Machine Learning Algorithms using R
- Perform predictive analytics using R